Auditions for Laughing Stock by Charles Morey are set for February 9th and 10th @ 7pm at Olympia Little Theatre, 1925 Miller Ave NE, Olympia, WA 98506.
Directed by Christian Carvajal, the performance dates are March 27-April 19, 2015.
Performances: 7:55pm: 3/27, 3/28, 4/2, 4/3, 4/4, 4/9, 4/10, 4/11, 4/16, 4/17, 4/18;
1:55pm: 4/12, 4/19 [no Easter Sunday performance]
Cast: Roles = 9m, 5f
* Gordon Page (M, 40s-50s): Artistic Director. The fearless leader of the intrepid group. He is also in most scenes.
* Jack Morris (M, 20s): Actor. Pondering his future: acting or law school?
* Susannah Huntsman (F, 30s): Director. Lots of education, not enough experience.
* Mary Pierre (F, 20s): Actor, the ingenue. Sweet, sincere and pretty.
* Tyler Taylor (M, 30s-40s): Actor. Leading roles are his natural right and the Method is the only path.
* Vernon Volker (M, 40s-50s): Actor. Doing summer stock to pay his bills.
* Richfield Hawksley (M, 70s): Actor. Done it all…he's pretty sure. His memory's not quite what it used to be.
* Daisy Coates (F, 60s-70s): Actor. Has been ready to play Ophelia for 40 years.
* Craig Conlin (M, 30s-50s): Business Manager. Keeps track of the pennies, the pencils, and the as-yet-unpaid bills.
* Sarah McKay (F, 40s-50s): Stage Manager. Efficient, acerbic, addicted to coffee (or whatever that is in her mug.
* Henry Mills (M, 30s-40s): Designer. An expert at creating “something out of nothing,” though this may be the summer he finally loses both his touch and his mind.
* Karma Schneider (F, teens-20s): inexperienced, overworked intern #1.
* Braun Oakes (M, teens-20s): inexperienced, overworked intern #2.
* Ian Milliken (M, teens-20s): inexperienced, overworked intern #3.
General info about OLT auditions
Our audition procedures are generally as follows, but may vary at the discretion of the Director:
Auditions are typically held on a Monday and a Tuesday evening, starting at 7:00 p.m. You do not have to attend both nights of auditions, but you are welcome to read both nights of auditions if you'd like. If callbacks are necessary, the director will schedule the date and time.
Audition appointments are not necessary unless you are unable to attend auditions on the regularly scheduled days and times. In that case, the Director may agree to schedule a separate audition appointment for you. This choice is entirely up to the Director.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. You do not need to have prepared monologues. Copies of the scripts for the current season's plays are available at the Downtown, Lacey, and Tumwater branches of the Timberland Library. You may ask for a copy of the script at the information desk. Scripts are only available for use at the library and may not be checked out.
Headshots and resumes are welcome at auditions, but are not necessary.
Rehearsals are typically Monday through Thursday. Additional rehearsals and/or the rehearsal schedule are at the Director's discretion. Performances are typically Thursday through Sunday; Sunday is the only matinee. Special performances are typically on the Tuesday evening after the second weekend of performances.
Olympia Little Theatre is a community theater and you need not have any previous experience, just passion and commitment!