Barefoot in the Park by Neil Simon
Production Runs December 5-21 at Olympia Little Theatre
Auditions Mon Oct 13 & Tues Oct 14 @ 7pm in the Annex, Olympia Little Theatre or by appointment.
1925 Miller Ave, Olympia, WA 98516 www.olympialittletheatre.org
Director Newt Buker firstname.lastname@example.org
Cast: Roles = 4m, 2f
• Corie Bratter (F, 20s): young, pretty, and full of enthusiasm for the future. Impulsive and fun-loving, she leaps into “new things”, considering everything an adventure. She loves Paul even though she thinks he is a bit stuffy.
• Paul Bratter (M, late 20s-early 30s): level-headed, practical, and dignified, he always knows the right thing to say and is an ambitious lawyer in his first job. He loves Corie but doesn’t always understand her.
• Ethel Banks (F, late 40s-early 50s): Corie’s widowed mother. She is a bit of a hypochondriac and has resigned herself to a “proper widow’s life”. Meeting Victor makes her re-consider the possibility of romance.
• Victor Velasco (M, late 50s-early 60s): Cori and Paul’s upstairs neighbor. A colorful character, both in dress and manner. He is vain, flamboyant, and a terrific flirt. A wild night out with Ethel may open a new door for him.
• Harry Pepper (M, any age): a telephone repairman. He witnesses, to his mortification, a fight between Corie and Paul.
• Delivery Man (M, any age): a non-speaking cameo role. He thought he was in good shape before encountering the stairs to Corie and Paul’s apartment.
General info about OLT auditions
Our audition procedures are generally as follows, but may vary at the discretion of the Director:
Auditions are typically held on a Monday and a Tuesday evening, starting at 7:00 p.m. You do not have to attend both nights of auditions, but you are welcome to read both nights of auditions if you'd like. If callbacks are necessary, the director will schedule the date and time.
Audition appointments are not necessary unless you are unable to attend auditions on the regularly scheduled days and times. In that case, the Director may agree to schedule a separate audition appointment for you. This choice is entirely up to the Director.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. You do not need to have prepared monologues. Copies of the scripts for the current season's plays are available at the Downtown, Lacey, and Tumwater branches of the Timberland Library. You may ask for a copy of the script at the information desk. Scripts are only available for use at the library and may not be checked out.
Headshots and resumes are welcome at auditions, but are not necessary.
Rehearsals are typically Monday through Thursday. Additional rehearsals and/or the rehearsal schedule are at the Director's discretion. Performances are typically Thursday through Sunday; Sunday is the only matinee. Special performances are typically on the Tuesday evening after the second weekend of performances.
Olympia Little Theatre is a community theater and you need not have any previous experience, just passion and commitment!